Sunday, October 16, 2011

More Gifts!

From April right through the summer I seemed to be travelling or when at home there was a stream of family and friends visiting for holidays which was wonderful. My 'patchwork friend' who I've mentioned before came over for the first time and also the first visit from the twins and I loved every minute.
I 've been to England to meet up with cousins I hadn't seen for almost thirty years, we had a picnic and enjoyed a lovely afternoon in Richmond Park meeting each others families for the first time. It was very special for me as my mother came. She's now frail and doesn't go out any more but with a little persuasion and a borrowed wheelchair she came and thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone again. She went home content with some happy memories. She is wearing white, sitting next to her great grandsons in their buggy. Next to her was the 'birthday girl' my aunt who was 96 on that day!
There were 37 of us, with four generations.

I also went to North Wales where we bought our first motor home. Wales was beautiful and sunny every day.
This is my husband in Wales.
We spent two weeks driving the camper back, through England where we stayed two nights and our family spent the day with us. They called us 'Glampers' as we're Glamours Campers, not actually roughing it under canvas and have the luxury of our own bathroom!
 The twins loved our' little house'.
Then off to France which was so pretty. Every house looked like a dolls house, we'll definitely return and explore some more in the future. One night we stayed here next to this mariner.
We drove across to Northern Spain
 here at San Sebastian and then down to Southern Spain where we live - and the poppies were everywhere!


Between visitors we drove to Portugal for a trip which was a longer stay than expected as we had an attempted break-in and although they didn't manage to open the door, they damaged the lock, which broke our key when we opened the door. That key opened everything so we were unable to leave as we couldn't fill up with fuel or water or get to the sanitary system. Fortunately we were at a very nice camp site with all amenities so were very comfortable while we waited for the spare key to be sent to us from home.
 Rio Rojo, the Portuguese Red River which was actually much redder than in the photo.
After a few more sets of visitors we flew to Barcelona at the beginning of September for five days as our 60th birthday presents from my stepdaughter. What an amazing place! We took so many photos of so many beautiful places that I can't pick just one so I'll show you this shop I liked.

Just four days after our return we flew to England for the twins Christening!

Sometimes I woke up wondering where I was, even after I'd returned home!
Now I'm pleased to say my feet are on the ground - well on the floor under my desk where I like them to be because it means I'm making miniatures and blogging again.

This brings me to the point - ha, eventually! I received a surprise package from Caterina in April. She posted me some beautiful blue country design miniatures and although I found the time to thank her, I forgot to show you on my blog! Here, at last....drum roll.... are Caterina's gifts to me.
One of her handmade trays and a rusted jug but also a tiny, readable version of 'Little Women' that I told her I enjoyed so much as a child. Thank you, Caterina, always so thoughtful.
I'm hoping you haven't fallen asleep reading this - I wandered off miniatures a bit, into real life!
Enjoy your Sunday,

11 comments:

  1. Gill, has vivido una aventura maravillosa, ver a tu familia reunida, viajar a Portugal, Barcelona... cuántas cosas hermosas!
    Me alegro por ti, gracias por "invitarme a viajar" y conocer el río rojo.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Gill, I loved this post, since the first photo! 4 generations in a row is not something you see often! and then it's great that you are able to review all your relatives in a special day as the birthday of your dear aunt! 96 years, amazing! wish you much success! thank you very much for sharing!
    I love your wonderful grandchildren! you give them a big kiss from me!
    I also have two granddaughters females, you know? but I am their aunt:)
    I love all of the photos of your beautiful trip, I'd like to see Portugal, but for now it is a goal too far away to reach for my wallet .. : (
    Thank you for showing my minis, I always fear that what I am sending, can not appeal to recipients. but I see in your photos, they have a special light and the blue color is beautiful! I am immodest, right? ha ha!
    Thanks again for everything and many kisses from Puglia, south Italy ...
    Have a wonderful Sunday, sunshine and joy!
    xxxxxxx Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo's Gill. You certainly look like you've had a wonderful holiday. I really like the field of poppies, we shall all be wearing them next month for remembrance day. I smiled at the "glampers" comment ,really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gill, I love the photos of your travels! So much to see. The family pic is wonderful and the twins are so adorable! I must say that I am also glad that you're back to mini making. I'm always looking forward to what's next with you! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lo he pasado muy bien leyendo tus vacaciones,que han sido tan emotivas, y que lo has pasado tan bien, las fotos son preciosas, me alegro mucho, la foto familiar es magnifica, y el reglo de Caterina, muy bonito.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun travels (minus the key issue) and wonderful family visits. Glad you talked your Mum and Aunt into going to the family reunion. :-) The miniatures that your friend made for you are just adorable, especially the Little Women book, which was also a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unas vacaciones ideales. Un saludo, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me alegro de que hayas disfrutado de tu familia, tus vacaciones y todos esos sitios preciosos..gracias por compartirlo...Un beso. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Gill, Thank you for stopping in to see me, I am so happy that I in turn came here to see you! What a glorious post! A beautiful, big family, nothing better is there? Love the photos. The picture of the red river is awesome! I am going to explore your blog more, and see what I have been missing out on! I did see the tiny cradle..LOVE it! wonderful work. Best Regards, Fairy Blessings, Christel

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are having an amazing vacation with all your family. A true blessing indeed and thankyou for sharing. I am off to explore some more your fabulous minis. Cheers! LJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Es un viaje de ensueño Gill !!
    me encantaria estar en tu lugar y disfrutar de cada unos de eso paradisíacos lugares !!
    y mucho mejor con coche caravana !!
    el conjunto de minis es precioso !!

    .. * . (\ *** /) * . *Un besito
    .* . * ( \(_)/ ) * * .cielo
    .* . * (_ /|\ _) . * .que tengas
    .* . * . /___\ * . . un buen dia

    ReplyDelete