Monday, June 11, 2012

Miniatures Fair - Fuengirola

Another brilliant day! Need I say more?
I've been placing my purchases in their new homes.
From Alicia Volta of Aligra Dolls I bought this worried little girl who looks as if she needs a happy home!
She now sits in a comfy armchair.
Can you see the cute cushion? Oly made it for me. It's stitched on fine silk gauze.

I was unable to resist these teeny little toys from Pinar of PQF. The furry rabbits are flocked, I dread to think of the mess I once made trying to flock something! The biggest rabbit is only 7/8" tall!

I also bought from Pinar a doll for my 144th scale house which has been empty for years!

My Christmas house has been sadly lacking a finished bathroom. At last I've found some tiles! I don't know yet whether they will go on the floor or the walls-maybe both! These are from Sophia Miniatures .
This is the 'before' photo of Santa's bathroom. Just a shelf and one wall covered in some awful blue and silver Christmas wrapping paper. (It seemed a good idea 15 years ago!)
I showed you one of Oly's cushions - here is another she made me, this to commemorate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
And in the Jubilee spirit I bought this wonderful glass work from http://www.glasscraftuk.com it's fabulous! I have several pieces of his amazing work.
My other purchases are destined for my Spanish Villa. What Spanish Villa you may well ask. I'm going to finally build my Delprado House and turn it into a Spanish Villa........ one day when I get time!

This last photo is to prove I do eventually finish a project! I made this little doll many years ago, my first and only Fimo doll. She has waited for eyes for years! Finally, two dots with a permanent marker she is finished!

I live in a muddle of unfinished projects, both miniature and full size am I alone?
Have a good week,



16 comments:

  1. Wow, Gill! Your purchases are amazing! I'm in love with your little girl, everything is beautiful. Congrats. ;)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purchases are fantastic. The little girl is so cute...
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot of fantastic items. I love the little girl she is so sweet. Your little doll is beautiful. Phew lol I am not the only one that has loads of unfinished projects :D
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gill,
    Your purchases are all wonderful, I really love those tiny toys from Pinar, I wouldn't have been able to resist them either :)
    The tiny doll you made is amazing, I love it's little face and I adore her teddy bear!!
    Hugs
    vicky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fimo doll is adorable! I love the flocked bunnies too. What fun finds! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vaya paseo por la feria¡ además decomprar un montón de minis preciosas supongo que lo pasaste de maravilla. Preciosos los cojines de Oly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noooo Gill, you are not alone :O) I love your purchases (I find it really funny that you have so many mini-girls while there are only boys in full-size!) And your handmade doll is so cute, it was really time to give her some eyes! And I am proud that there is something made by me between all these beauties! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The treasures made by you are always in the front of my displays:) I love my boys very much but it seems only my dolls are to be girls!

      Delete
  8. Enhorabuena por todas esas maravillosas miniaturas que has comprado en la feria.
    Seguro que lo pasaste genial.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful purchases, the bunnies are so cute, the glass so beautiful and a very beautiful doll. And you did not need anything, LOL! Love the pillows Oly made, what a lot of work, they are gorgious!
    Your doll is so cute, how could you have her sit without eyes? ;D
    No your not alone with unfinished works......... I must admit....:D
    * marlies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, are really great purchases! What a shame! I was at the fair and didn't know you! I hope for another year can be! Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Paky, yes, I thought there might be some 'blog friends' at the show. We will have to wear badges next year!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful purchases! I love the doll by Alicia, I love her dolls. The fabric of the armchair she is sitting in is great.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unas compras geniales ,,a mi tambien me pasa como a ti ,haces alguna miniatura y la dejas porque no sabes donde ponerla ,,pero siempre se les encuentra un lugar ,tu muñequita es monisima ,,,besoss

    ReplyDelete